Tellevik coastal fort is a German coastal fort from World War II, built on Klauvaneset in Åsane , Bergen . The project was started in 1940 and continued until the war’s end. Much of the work was carried out by Russian prisoners of war from camps in Saurås and Liarinden . Tellevik coastal fort was part of Festung Bergen .
The fortress is today reckoned as a war memorial , and is partially restored.
Text by Wikipedia.
The Nordhordland Bridge (Norwegian: Nordhordlandsbrua) is a combined cable-stayed and pontoon bridge which crosses Salhusfjorden between Klauvaneset and Flatøy in Hordaland, Norway. It is 1,614 meters (5,295 ft) long, of which the pontoon section is 1,246 meters (4,088 ft) long. The cable-stayed section consists of a single 99-meter (325 ft) tall H-pylon which has a length of 368 meters (1,207 ft) and a main span of 172 meters (564 ft). This allows for a clearance of 32 meters (105 ft).
The floating section is a steel box girder bridge with ten pontoons, which because of the fjord’s depth are not laterally anchored. The roadway sits on an orthotropic deck. The pontoons and the cable-stayed bridge are built in concrete, with the main span being supported with 48 cables. The fjord end of the main span is supported by a 30-meter (98 ft) deep foundation, where the two bridges meet. From there and for 414 meters (1,358 ft), the roadwall has a 5.7 percent gradient on a viaduct anchored to the pontoon bridge.
The bridge carries two lanes of European Route E39, also called the Coastal Highway, and one pedestrian and bicycle path, and connects the district of Nordhordland to Bergen. Plans for a bridge had existed since the 1960s, and after the decision to construct the bridge was passed by the Parliament of Norway in 1989, construction started in 1991. Total costs, including auxiliary roads, was NOK 910 million. Part of the contract payment was subject to a court case which the contractors lost. The bridge opened on 22 September 1994, and remained a toll road until 31 December 2005. In 2009, it had an average daily traffic of 14,698 vehicles. There are plans to reinstate a toll on the bridge from 2013 to finance other road projects. The bridge is the second-longest in Norway, and the second pontoon bridge in Norway.
Text by Wikipedia
Here is the full version with all technical aspects.
St. John’s Church (Norwegian: Johanneskirken) is a cruciform church in Bergen, Norway.
St. John’s Church is located on Sydneshaugen in the neighbourhood of Sydnes in Bergen. St John’s was built between 1891 and 1894 in the Gothic Revival style. With 1250 seats, it is the largest church in Bergen.
In 1888, an architectural contest was conducted for the design of a new church. It was built from drawings by architect, Herman Major Backer (1856–1932). The frescoes in the Church’s ceiling date from 1924 and were completed by Hugo Lous Mohr (1889-1970). The building process was first lead by architect Adolf Fischer and from 1891 by Hans Heinrich Jess. The church was consecrated in 1894.
The organ was built by Schlag and Sohn of Wurttemberg. It was modernized by JH Jørgensen of Oslo during 1967. The altarpiece depicts Christ in prayer and was designed in 1894 by Marcus Grønvold. The church tower is the highest in the city at 61 metres. The main tower has four stair towers and a carillon. It was designed by Verein Bochum in Bochum, Westphalia.
Text by Wikipedia
The Statsraad Lehmkuhl is a three-masted barque rigged sail training vessel owned and operated by the Statsraad Lehmkuhl Foundation. It is based in Bergen, Norway and contracted out for various purposes, including serving as a school ship for the Royal Norwegian Navy (using RNoN’s prefix “KNM”, English: “HNoMS”).
It was built in 1914 as a school training ship for the German merchant marine under the name Grossherzog Friedrich August. After the First World War the ship was taken as a prize by the United Kingdom and in 1921 the ship was bought by former cabinet minister Kristoffer Lehmkuhl (hence the name, which means “Cabinet Minister Lehmkuhl”). With the exception of the Second World War, when she was captured by German troops and called Westwärts, the ship has belonged to Bergens Skoleskib until it was donated to the Foundation in 1978.
In 2000, it was chartered by the German Navy while their Gorch Fock was overhauled.
Tekst by Wikipedia